What is Microsoft Office 365?
Microsoft Office 365 is a subscription based Office productivity suite that is available for free to all Thomas College faculty, staff, and students. Office 365 includes the following features:
- The ability to download and install Office 2013 Professional Plus (or Office 2011 for Mac) on up to 5 computers
- The ability to download and use Office Mobility apps for iPhone, Android phones, and iPads
- OneDrive for Business with up to 1TB of cloud based storage (this can be synced with local drives)
- Office Web Apps (Word, Excel PowerPoint, OneNote) accessible from any computer from any computer with an internet connection (Office 2013 Professional Plus software does not need to be installed on the local computer)
- SharePoint Online
- Project Online
- Lync Online (this replaces our on-campus system with new features included enhanced web conferencing)
How do I install Office 2013 Professional Plus on my personal computer?
- Go to the college portal: http://www3.thomas.edu/myThomas/daily.asp
- Click on the “Office 365” link and sign-in by entering using your Thomas College username and password.
- (If you do not know your username or password please contact the Service Desk firstname.lastname@example.org | (207) 859-1204)
- Go to settings, Office 365 settings, and choose “Software.”
- Select the desired language and click install.
- (The license agreement allows you to install Microsoft Office 2013 on up to 5 devices).
- At the bottom of the Screen select “Run.”
- The office Installation wizard will open. Click “Next.”
- You will be asked if you would like to help improve the product, click yes or no. (Your choice)
- Watch a video explaining Office 365 while the software is installing.
- Once the installation is complete, you will find the new software in your Windows 8 start screen, or under programs in Windows 7.