Thomas College welcomes applications for most programs at any time throughout the year; however, we do encourage prospective students to submit all necessary forms and documentation several months prior to the intended enrollment date. Accelerated MBA applications should be postmarked no later than April 1st for priority consideration.
Applications for admission are reviewed on upon receipt of all application materials. All of the following items constitute a complete application for admission and must be received before an admission decision is rendered:
1. Fill out the graduate application indicating degree-seeking status.
2. Submit the completed graduate application with a non-refundable application fee of $50 to the Graduate division. (Thomas alumni are not required to submit an application fee.)
3. Request all colleges and universities previously attended to send official transcripts directly to the Graduate Division (Thomas alumni need not submit a Thomas transcript.) Note: A college senior may apply in advance of graduation. Seniors should submit current transcripts and request that an updated transcript be submitted after the degree is completed. A conditional acceptance may be granted until final transcripts arrive.
4. Request two letters of recommendation to be sent directly from individuals in a position to judge your ability to succeed in a graduate program to the graduate division.
5. Submit proof of immunization against measles, mumps, and rubella (Two doses of MMR) and a tetanus/ diphtheria (TD) inoculation given within the last 10 years.
6. Optional: Submit a current resume or Curriculum Vitae
7. Optional: Submit a Statement of Purpose essay outlining your rationale for pursuing advanced education in light of current educational, career, and personal goals.
8. Optional: Request that GRE or GMAT scores be sent to Thomas College from the testing agency.*
*All prospects are eligible to take up to 9 credit hours of graduate course work as conditionally accepted students without submitting standardized graduate admissions examination scores (ie. the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Miller Analogies Test (MAT), or Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT)). Those students who complete the first nine credits of coursework with a 3.3 or better GPA will be exempted from standardized examination requirements and fully admitted. Students whose average falls below a 3.3 in the first nine credits must submit examination scores to be fully admitted.
Students whose average falls below a 3.0 in the first nine credits must submit examination scores to be fully admitted.
Personal interviews are not required but are recommended for all applicants. Interviews and tours of the campus are conducted Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We also offer multiple opportunities to visit us on selected Saturdays throughout the year.
Prospective Students who visit our campus will receive an application fee waiver card to submit with their application for admission in lieu of the $50 application fee.
We are delighted that you are considering Thomas College to continue your academic career. Your application will assist us in learning more about you. This is your opportunity to describe your achievements, abilities, past experiences and other events that have prepared you for success at our institution.
If you have any questions, please call the Thomas College Graduate Division office at 207-859-1102, email email@example.com, or go online to www.thomas.edu/graduate. This application and all supplemental materials should be mailed to: Thomas College Graduate Division 180 West River Rd Waterville, ME 04901